Wednesday, 23 January 2013

The First Post

Hello! If you are reading this, you are probably a member of my family, or hopefully into sewing your own stuff - especially clothes! I have been following a few fabulous sewing blogs for the last year or so and have decided this is the year I am going to join in.

So, these are the aims of my blog:

1. To engage further with the wonderful worldwide sewing community. I already feel like I have some friends and have had so much enjoyment from their blogs. I will offer reviews, pattern giveaways, show you what I have made and maybe ask for a little advice!

2. To hold myself to account while achieving some long held sewing/wardrobe related goals. There are quite a few of these:

* Sew for my lifestyle - largely casual, occasionally muddy (two dogs). Sometimes I need office suitable clothes and smarter clothes for attending my daughter's concerts.

* Consider patterns more carefully before I buy or make them - for disaster prevention and economy. Maybe even shock myself and make the odd toile (muslin)?

* Join in Zoe's Me-Made-May - I have wanted to do this for a good two years. Zoe's was the first blog I came across that shared my interests, however I have laughably few me-mades in regular rotation (see above two points!). I can sort this in time for May - right?!

* Finally, I pledge to do at least 3 outstanding alterations, sewing jobs for others, finish UFOs, etc., before undertaking the making of a new garment for myself. This is harsh but I need the discipline. There is no way that huge sewing pile is going down by itself. When it's all gone I can do as much selfish sewing as I like :) Hold me to it, people before I drown in fabric (and guilt)!

Happy sewing, til next time!

7 comments:

  1. hurrah!
    your life sounds lovely :D
    awaiting your subsequent installments xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna! I hope you enjoy following along X

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the world world of blogging! It's so lovely that yours sprang to life in the first month of the new year. That seems like such a fitting and perfect time to venture forth into the world of being a blogger.

    I really appreciate your comment on my Groundhog Day post this weekend, dear Philippa, and look forward to following your budding blog now.


    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jessica! I was going to tell you about my blog when it really got going but you found me first! As you already know, you are my inspiration . . . If you can do it, so can I! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Philppa, that is so incredibly touching, thank you very much. I always try my best to visit the blogs of all those who leave comments for me on my mine, so that's how I came to discover your newly created site.

      I truly wish you all the very best with you blog and will be cheering you on every step of the way!

      ♥ Jessica

      Delete
  4. Thank you! I really appreciate the encouragement. Who knows whether I will have a wearable wardrobe by May!!

    ReplyDelete