Hello! If you are reading this, you are probably a member of my family, or hopefully into sewing your own stuff - especially clothes! I have been following a few fabulous sewing blogs for the last year or so and have decided this is the year I am going to join in.
So, these are the aims of my blog:
1. To engage further with the wonderful worldwide sewing community. I already feel like I have some friends and have had so much enjoyment from their blogs. I will offer reviews, pattern giveaways, show you what I have made and maybe ask for a little advice!
2. To hold myself to account while achieving some long held sewing/wardrobe related goals. There are quite a few of these:
* Sew for my lifestyle - largely casual, occasionally muddy (two dogs). Sometimes I need office suitable clothes and smarter clothes for attending my daughter's concerts.
* Consider patterns more carefully before I buy or make them - for disaster prevention and economy. Maybe even shock myself and make the odd toile (muslin)?
* Join in Zoe's Me-Made-May - I have wanted to do this for a good two years. Zoe's was the first blog I came across that shared my interests, however I have laughably few me-mades in regular rotation (see above two points!). I can sort this in time for May - right?!
* Finally, I pledge to do at least 3 outstanding alterations, sewing jobs for others, finish UFOs, etc., before undertaking the making of a new garment for myself. This is harsh but I need the discipline. There is no way that huge sewing pile is going down by itself. When it's all gone I can do as much selfish sewing as I like :) Hold me to it, people before I drown in fabric (and guilt)!
Happy sewing, til next time!