Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Me-Made-May 2013

Happy Me-Made-May to all those taking part and all those interested watching! I am super excited to be taking part for the first time, albeit in a smaller way than I would like (but this gives me something to aim for next year!).

My pledge: 'I, Philippa of Gloria & Me, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May'13. I endeavour to wear one handmade item or one heavily refashioned item* for four days a week for the duration of May 2013'.

* Many of my clothes are refashions. For the purposes of this challenge, 'refashioned items' will only include garments I have significantly re-made - either a complete alteration of shape and style or, like the top I posted recently, garments that have been washed, unpicked, pressed and used as fabric, and have therefore been sewn in to a completely new item.

As advised, I took some time to think about what I was hoping to achieve by joining in with MMM'13.

- My original aim, to appreciate and contribute to the wonderful handmade on-line community still stands, obviously;
- I would also like to find out what my most urgently needed garments are and make them myself rather than buy them if possible;
- Have fun mixing and matching.

Although these may seem like small achievements, they will mean a lot to me!

Also, I have tried to download the button to tell everyone I am taking part but due no doubt to my technical incompetence have utterly failed! I am only using buttons in posts anyway, as sidebars can get a bit busy.

I was able to download this one however!




Kerry is hosting this fun swap over on Kestrel Makes. I am a little apprehensive as I have never taken part in a swap before (it's a month of firsts!) and seemed like a nice thing to do instead of my usual monthly giveaway. I promise to post whatever I send/receive/make and again I am pretty excited to be dipping my toes into something new. 

Enjoy your me-mades everyone, I can't wait to see what you post!

Happy sewing, 'til next time!

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you are joining in MM May. Are you in flickr group? I have been slow to post due to sick children but hope to catch up soon, love the ottobre fleece btw. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am on Flickr, it was much easier to post a photo then I had feared :) but I don't have a lovely variety of handmade gear like you do yet, so my photos will be there, but not I fear all that interesting! I hope your children feel better soon. Mine are teenagers and we are currently experiencing exam stress instead of illness! Sigh! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so glad you are joining in the fun; it's such a terrific community :) I like the goals you have set.

    ReplyDelete