1. The weather in England in May is capricious. Most days I was either too hot or too cold. Layers for May!
2. I like wearing florals (at least, on this skirt)! I only had this fabric because it was cheap in our charity shop and was unusual colours. Wearing it made me feel cheerful and feminine. I will start considering selected florals.
3. I need a couple of slips to go under my cotton skirts so that I can extend their wear with leggings when it's chilly (otherwise they ride up).
4. I would like some warmer bottom halves (other than jeans), but I knew this already really...
|Another casualty of Me-Made-May!|
The white linen shirt pictured above was heavily refashioned a couple of years ago (collar removed & shape changed, sleeves removed, armholes changed, fit changed, shortened), I was looking forward to wearing it as it is cool and pretty (it has some white embroidery you can't see in the photo), but the button over the bust gapes too much :( so I have donated it.
1. The massive Flickr group. I don't have time to look at all the photos! Inspirational style.
2. The international flavour - there seems to be more nationalities taking part this year. I love looking at not only the clothes, but snapshots of other countries, their weather, snippets of other lives...
3. Being part of something. Sewing can be quite a solitary activity. Hoorah to Zoe for bringing us all together.
Looking forward to Week 2!
Happy sewing, 'til next time!