Thursday, 13 June 2013

Weirdly Productive


Weirdly, because I am ill with tonsillitis and an eye infection. Somehow my general good mood seems to have stayed intact and while I am instantly exhausted if I go out, I have been (slowly) working my way through all the little jobs I have been meaning to do around the house...the photo above means a lot more to me than it will to anyone else. It's the top of my pattern storage unit, the pink box contains jewellery making bits and the zip up case contains overlocker threads.

It's what isn't there that's pleased me so much. In January when I started this blog, I pledged to get through the huge amount of mending, UFOs etc., that had accumulated over the (ahem!) years. These offending items lived in a big toppling pile where you can now see wall (and the corner of a map!). This morning I finally mended the last trouser hem, sewed on the last button and repaired three bags belonging to my daughters. That's better. 

Let the new sewing projects commence!

Hope you are all in good health, and feeling productive too!

Happy sewing, 'til next time!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry you are not well, and hope you are feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey, I'm really sorry to hear you've been struck with not one, but two unpleasant illnesses right now {{{healing hugs}}}.

    Way to go on getting through your UFOs, mending and such, that's awesome! Occasionally I get real spurts of productivity while I'm extra sick, too - it's almost like your body's way of being defiant against whatever is hurting it.

    Tons more healing hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete