Monday, 5 May 2014

This Kind Choice


There are sooo many out there dealing with clothes, fashion and sewing you could spend your whole life just reading them! Personally, I follow a selection of sewing blogs with a few vintage style blogs thrown into the mix (I'm very interested in history, and wearing clothes that are decades old has to be one of the most environmentally friendly ways of dressing there is!), and a couple more on diverse topics that interest me.

I try to keep the list pruned quite tightly, as I want to have a life outside the internet! However every now and again a blog comes along that really stands out and I added this one straight to my reading list. If you are sewing your own clothes, you're probably going to be interested in at least one article - from clothing care, to refashions, to more political issues.

Enjoy!

P.S. I found this through one of Coletterie's weekend reading posts - if you subscribe to their blog you will often find new and interesting articles/blogs on numerous business, emotional, environmental and sewing related topics in this section. No I am not affiliated to Colette patterns in any way, they have just had a lot on their site to interest me recently.

P.P.S. Don't forget I have a little pattern giveaway running here. Closes Sunday 11th May!

Happy reading!

'Til next time,

Philippa x

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link to This Kind Choice. I'll have to look there further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely link Philippa! I did go check it out and decided to put it on my list of blogs I follow. Like you, I try to keep a short list....soooo much time can be spend reading about sewing without ever sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article, thanks for posting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also subscribed to that blog after clicking on the Coletterie link! I have also found that their weekend reading posts have held a lot for me lately as well. Sewing is a fantastic playground for me concerning mindfulness, practicality, creativity and sustainability, and it's nice to find blogs that view sewing with one or more of those lenses - like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link! It seems like an interesting blog to get the mind thinking. I especially liked the post about our whole life cycle of clothing. I'm trying to get more into sustainable living and it was interesting to read about sustainability and the rate of which clothes come into and go out of our wardrobe.
    I, too, try to have a short list but it seems to keep growing and growing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the link and the recommendation Philippa! It's hard to keep up with all the wonderful and creative things online, I agree. I like sites that stress mindful consumption. I liked the post about pinning replacing ownership. I feel like that too. Sometimes pinning something feels almost like I'm making it mine, even though it's not, if that makes any sense. Having the virtual image in "my"collection is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stellar blog, thank you very much for the introduction. Should I ever get a free moment again (it feels that way these days ;)), I know that I'm going to be pouring over that site something fierce (looking forward to it!).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete